You can send and receive text-based messages via the Bullitt Satellite Messaging app when there is no mobile or Wi-Fi network. To use the service, you need to activate the service and have an active subscription plan.
Note: You must follow the sequence below to correctly set up your account. Failure to do so may result in your account being unable to send and receive messages via satellite.
Account setup, registering your device and choosing a Satellite Messenger Plan.
1. Go to app.bullitt.com/sign-up to sign up for your free Bullitt Satellite Messenger account.
Note: When permissions are requested during setup, please set to allow.
2. Enter your name, mobile number, and the desired password you wish to use with Bullitt Satellite Messenger.
3. A verification code is sent to your designated mobile number to confirm ownership.
4. Enter the code and select Activate a Plan.
Note: You do not need to select a plan if you only want to send and receive messages through Wi-Fi or cellular data, not satellite. If this is the case, exit this setup process and log on to the Bullitt Satellite Messenger app using the credentials setup above.
5. When prompted, enter your email address and select your country from the drop-down list.
6. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided above.
7. Enter the code from the confirmation email.
8. Enter the Activation Code or ICCID when prompted.
Note: You can find this code printed on an insert inside the original packaging of your product.
9. Complete checkout by selecting your plan, entering your billing address and payment method.
Note: A valid payment method is required for all packages regardless of any free trial period displayed.
10. After successful completion, your device is registered and ready for use on the Bullitt Satellite Messaging network.
Connecting the Motorola Defy Satellite Link (MDSL) to your phone.
1. Before continuing you will need to download/install the Bullitt Satellite Messenger app from either the Play Store or Apple App Store.
2. Open the app and login using your account credentials created above.
3. Within the app, tap the Menu button (3 horizontal lines in the upper-left corner).
4. Select Settings > Devices.
5. Turn on your Motorola Defy Satellite Link by holding the power button for 3 seconds.
6. Once powered on, if a blue light is not blinking, tap the power button again to enter pairing mode. The blue light
will flash quickly when it is ready to pair with your phone. The device will stay in pairing
mode for 1 minute.
7. Go back to the app on your phone and select Bluetooth Devices and tap Add Device.
8. Within the list, you should see Motorola Defy Satellite Link. Tap Pair next to it.
9. The app will then change screens. Tap Link and follow the instructions for adding a contact.
10. This completes the setup process.